What we offer
The Simcoe County District School Board (SCDSB) welcomes international students from around the world to participate in full-year and one semester programs.
The SCDSB is committed to ensuring that students reach their full potential and become responsible and contributing members of an ever-changing global society. The SCDSB focuses on providing quality programs which develop the skills of lifelong-learning in a safe, caring environment.
All high schools provide:
- Science and technology labs
- Computer and internet access
- Indoor and outdoor athletic facilities
- Student lockers
Supports and Services:
Each of our 14 participating high schools has a designated guidance counselor who offers ongoing support and academic counselling to International students throughout their stay; this includes assistance with the college and university application process. The SCDSB also has a devoted team of English as a Second Language (ESL) teachers and instructors available to those students requiring language support.
All SCDSB high schools offer a variety of extracurricular activities. Examples of some of the teams and clubs international students are invited to participate in are:
- Athletic teams: football, soccer, rugby, basketball, volleyball, hockey, ultimate frisbee, cross country running, badminton, golf, curling, skiing, tennis, wrestling, etc.
- Clubs: Canoe and Kayak club, Chemistry Club, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Dance Team, Drum Line, Free the Children, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Photography Club, Prom Committee, School Musical, Student Council etc.
Specialist Programs and Unique Learning Opportunities:
The SCDSB is proud to offer a variety of specialized programs:
- Extended French
- Specialist High Skill Majors in Arts and Culture, Business, Construction, Environment, Health and Wellness, Horticulture and Landscaping, Hospitality and Tourism, Information and Communications Technology, and Transportation