Skip to content

To study in Canada, you may require a study permit/and or a visitor visa.

For information on how to apply for a study permit, please go to

It is highly recommended that you apply for a study permit regardless of your planned length of study.  For information on how to apply for a visitor visa, please go to

The processing time for study permits and visitor visas varies between countries.  When applying to the SCDSB International Student Program, make sure you take into account the time it takes to obtain a study permit.  You will be required to submit your official letter of acceptance, receipt for fees paid and all other documents required by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.